Thursday, May 27, 2010

So Long . . . For Now

Today was my final post-op appointment with Dr. Weinfeld and the report was sunny all around:  He told me the surgery should be permanent and there will be no need for any "maintenance" work in the coming years; he also evaluated my right foot and decided that even though it is not as severe as the left, he would prefer to do "the works" in the hope that we don't have to bring me in for more work at some point in the future; he told me that the foot looks great, my toes have spread out nicely, and that my healing is moving ahead of schedule!

So, next steps are to schedule a mini-procedure to remove the pin in my heel and to then figure out when we're going to cut into the right foot . . . right now, it seems it could be the end of September.

He then ended our appointment by giving me a big hug!  So cute!  I guess we have been through a lot together in the last few months. . .

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

A doc who hugs?? Hold onto him! (Not pun intended! *grin* )

Post a Comment