Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Baby's First Steps


Momentous occasions like these should be documented, right?  After some nudging from the doctor, I attempted to put two feet on the ground today.  And finally success!  No boot, no crutches, no cane, nothing but my own desire to step forward.  My foot is too swollen and rounded to manage a solid step on its own, but I can successfully shuffle around the apartment in flip flops.

My mission this weekend:  find a pair of shoes that I can successfully fit the ham hock into that are visually stunning enough to wear to the office next week!  And, if I can complete my mission, the hope is that come Monday morning, the last 13 weeks will begin to finally fade into the background . . .

1 comments:

D. Nathan Hilliard said...

Congratulations!

Post a Comment