Friday, April 30, 2010

I Was in Stitches


Last night while getting a nice relaxing massage from the physical therapist, she said to me, "I think you might still have a stitch in your foot.  I can feel it."  And, after she rubbed over the scar a few times, I could feel it too.

After grabbing a needle and a pair of tweezers, I was able to quickly release the laden string from its three month hiding spot on the first try.  When I had felt it under the surface of the skin, I really thought it would just be a little nobbin or a microscopic piece of lint. . . low and behold my shock and awe when I saw that it was nearly a 1/4 inch long!  How this little piece of nylon managed to stay below my skin for so long without causing an infection or wiggling its way to the surface independently is beyond my understanding?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment